Monday, 27 October 2008

Chicago

My Father often takes business trips to Chicago for Chemistry related tasks and has taken a liking to the city. So naturally we had to make a while family trip. As I write I am sitting in the apartment we have hired out until Thursday, it's pretty nice actually. We set off from home yesterday (Sunday) at 7am, Airport was shitty as per usual. Felt like I was in a cattle market, and I was the cattle. They push and shove and take away your humanity. Bastards. The plane wasn't much better. Being tall and such, I requested to be allowed to sit in one of the free seats at the front of cattle class. This because they have extra leg room. I did not ask to be sat next to a family of loud mouth, complaining orthodox Jews who seemed to have a problem with everything in existence. "Excuse me, do you mind? the light from your television screen is reflecting straight into my eye". Fucking hell, just move to one of the other 8 seats you have occupied between yourself and the other 4 in your family. twats.

But anyway, I arrived at the apartment we have. It's incredibly nice. Kitchen, free wireless, 3 HD TVs & nice view from the window (note image to the left). On first night we went to a pizza place called 'Gino's'. Big queue, so I expected good things & I wasn't let down. Y'know how people always talk about how 'fat' America is? I think I have found the solution to the problem. The portions. I mean for my 'starter' I requested bruchetta, which in England is usually a piece of garlic bread with toppings, yet here it is 8 pieces of garlic bread with toppings. I'll be honest, I didn't have much room for main course.



Today (which is Monday) we just did a bit of shopping and had a look around the city. I didn't do too much shopping myself except buying a pair of Ray-Bans, for driving etc. We then took a walk to somewhere called Milenium Park', there was some impressive stuff. It had this monument called 'Cloud Gate' which is by a British artist called Anish Kapoor. It's basically a huge mirror which is a queer kinda shape. Gives a nice perspective on the city though, check out the picture to the left.









No comments:

Post a Comment